Shiitake MushroomsWe luv your vision
Kings of Flavour
Rich, earthy taste with a hint of smokiness.
Culinary chameleons, their firm and fleshy texture makes them a perfect addition to – risottos, soups, casseroles, pies, and even on toast. Their distinctive taste also means a little goes a long way.
Shiitake mushrooms aren’t just fun guys they are also your health guys. Packed with vitamins and minerals, these guys are here to transform your dishes and your health.
- NVitamin B2 (Riboflavin):
- NVitamin B3 (Niacin)
- NVitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)
- NVitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- NVitamin B7 (Biotin)
How to Indulge in Shiitake
Cook to Perfection:
Before taking a bite, give Shiitake mushrooms a quick cook. They only need 10-12 minutes, releasing a garlic-pine aroma and a rich, umami flavor that takes any dish to the next level.
Pair them with steak, chicken, duck, fish, Asian greens, eggplant, rice, noodles, and an array of flavors from garlic to soy and chili. Sauté, roast, skewer, grill, or add them to soups – the possibilities are endless!
- Aid Weight Loss: By increasing satiety, and reducing fat deposition.
- Support immunity: By providing important vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
- Boost Energy: Being a great source of Vitamin B – supporting adrenal function and metabolism
In China, they’re called shaingug or hsiang ku, which translates to ‘fragrant mushroom’ – a fitting name for these aromatic wonders.
These mushrooms have a rich history dating back to prehistoric times, with their cultivation stretching back to the Song Dynasty in 1100 AD.
Shiitake mushrooms aren’t just popular in one corner of the world – they’re the second most commonly eaten mushroom after the button mushroom.
Recipe: Our Favorite 10-min Shiitake Stir-Fry
4 large shiitake mushrooms -thinly sliced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
½ stalk scallion
1 clove garlic – minced
salt and pepper to taste
1.Heat a pan over medium high heat. Once it’s hot, add the shiitake mushrooms, sesame oil, scallions, and garlic.
2. Saute for about 3 to 4 minutes until the mushrooms soften and release some liquid.
3. Turn off the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve with steamed rice.
Feedback and Contact
Use this form for recommendations, general comments or to contact us as a client. We want to know...
- if you were pleased with our product
- how you used our product
- how we can improve our service to you.
- if you want to purchase more of our tasty 'shrooms!